14 Major Online Transaction Security Checklists
In many of my previous article, I have talked about how you can carry out a proper online transaction with your card and other payment alternatives. In this article, I want to tell you some of the major online transaction checklists that you need to consider when it comes to making transactions online. Follow me as we are going to look at that in this article.
Here are some of the checklists…
- Never respond to unsolicited email offers or respond to information.
- Use browser filters that warn about reported phishing sites and block access to the address
- Register for the bank mobile SMS alert service to get an alert whenever there is any transaction on your account.
- Protect yourself from identity theft
- Always check the address bar for the correct URL
- Always check the website certificate, SSL padlock and https.
- Regularly update your operating system and other installed applications
- Ensure that you have the latest browser installed on your system
- Ensure that you are connected to a secured network when using a wireless network.
- Regularly scan your system for viruses, worms, trojans, spyware, key loggers, and other malware using updated anti virus software.
- Use strong passwords for all online transactions and keep them changing at regular interval.
- Use a virtual keyboard to enter sensitive information.
- Do not perform online transactions from public systems.
- Always completely log off after performing an online transaction.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you will get updated when we post new articles.