3 Major Schedule Formats For Projects
In my previous article , I have looked at all that you need to know about work breakdown structure for projects . In this article, I want to look at some of the facts you need to know about schedule formats for projects . Follow me as we are going to look at that together in this article.
The project schedule can be presented in different formats, depending on the circumstances.
#1 Bar chart
The bar chart as a schedule format has:
- Show the start and end dates , expected durations ,and dates and order of project milestones.
- Shows the precedence relationships between activities.
- Shows the percentage of an activity completed to date and the actual progress in relation to planned progress.
- Lists, activity or work packages vertically on the left. Time is represented with horizontal bars that correspond to the activities and show projected start and finished dates
- Often used for project status presentation to upper management.
- A detailed view is used when reviewing the project status with the project team.
The milestone chart provides a:
- Summary level view of a project’s schedule in terms of it’s milestones.
- Use an icon or symbol show scheduled milestone events.
- Milestones are typically listed from the left to the right of the chart.
- Time intervals- divided into hours, days , weeks , or months- are usually presented horizontally across the top or bottom of the chart.
- Effective in demonstrating the project’s overall schedule to project team members , stakeholders ,and upper management.
#3 Project schedule network diagram with dates
This discusses :
- Helps assign start and finish dates to activities on the project schedules network diagram.
- Useful when you need to communicate the project team status in terms of activity precedence relatiobships.
Now your take on this article…
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Become Part Of our Fan Base on Facebook. Click Here.
Follow Us on twitter. Click Here.
Download Our App. Click Here
Many Crypto. One place. Use Roqqu