Unknown Facts About Content Scheduling In Marketing
In my previous article, I have talked about some of the facts that you need to know about content creation in Digital marketing. In this article, I want to talk about all that you need to know about all that you need to about content scheduling in marketing. Follow me as we are going to look at some of the factors that can affect the content schedule in this article. Follow me as we will look at that together in this article.
- Allows you to schedule images, text, videos
- You can also backdate content and save as drafts
- Allows for scheduling of images and text only
- Doesn’t allow for backdating of content
Presently no scheduling feature exists natively on Instagram, LinkedIn or Snapchat. Scheduling is available on YouTube, WordPress and Tumblr.
Free and paid content scheduling tools include:
- Hootsuite: a great tool for starters on scheduling content and social listening combined
- Sprout Social: a management tool that lets multiple users schedule, publish and analyze social media posts across several platforms
- Buffer: you can add articles, photos, and video and Buffer will automatically post it to your social media accounts throughout the day
- Percolate: allows for task delegation and content creation in addition to scheduling. With some time investment, this tool allows for a really dynamic outcome.
Benefits of content scheduling:
- Time-efficient: scheduling a large amount of content in one sitting allows for time spent on other activities
- Cross-posting (third party apps): some third-party tools allow scheduling of content to multiple platforms with a single click from their integrated approach
Limitations of content scheduling:
- Inability to react to the world around us: in case of a natural disaster or tragic event, automated content may mean you forget to disable content which may be deemed inappropriate, however, the scheduler does not have the intelligence to remove this content
- API updates: these often affect the third-party applications when the social networks change their security features which can lead to content not publishing
Content promotion is defined as the strategic approach to getting your content seen by a wider audience than your immediate owned channels in both the earned and paid space.
We’ll have a brief look at some of these earned and paid for methods.
#1 Influencer Marketing
Influencer marketing is very common with celebrities that have large followers or bloggers that have large followings. Due to the fact that these set of people have large followers, they are always used by brands to introduce products and services to people. This is due to the fact that their audience believes so much in them. That is why the majority of them are used as Brand Ambassadors.
#2 Guest Blogging
One of the factors that are used in ranking a website has to do with the number of backlinks that such website has. This serves as a kind of a vote that shows that other website owners believe that your resource worths being checked out. The more of these backlinks that you have, the better. That is why you have to reach out to other content writers and make sure that you post your article on their website.
Most times, you can also benefit from tagging. This happens when some website owners decided to mention your name in their posts. When they mentioned your name, you have to make sure that those writers that are mentioning your name actually link back to your website. It will actually increase the authority of your website and drive more traffics to your website.
#4 Affiliate Marketing
Another factor that you need to consider when it comes to content marketing is to make use of affiliate marketing. The use of affiliate marketing for your product will also generate backlinks to your website. This will generate passive income and increase the popularity of your website as well.
#5 Media Partnership
Most at times, you also need to consider media partnership as a means of generating traffic for a website. This can also increase traffic to a website. You can decide to grant an interview or allow other publishers to post contents on your website and share such an article with their audience. This will allow you to build a cordial relationship with other authors.
Content repurposing is the re-use of content that is still relevant through a different format that’s fit for purpose.
Benefits of content repurposing include:
#1 Efficient in resources
One of the facts that you need to know about content repurposing is that it will lead to the efficient use of resources for the writer. It allows organisations that use resources available to prepare contents that will be of interest to your readers.
#2 Drives consistency of a general theme or message
Content repurposing also ensures that you follow the general trends when it comes to discussion. As soon as you become a blogger, your followers will want to know your view about ongoing topics. Content repurposing will allow you to present what others have said earlier and come up with your own view which might be different from others pint of view.
#3 Extends the life span of a content idea
Also, writing about an old topic or using an already written article will also help to extend the lifespan of written content. When you write about such contents, you should also note that when you write about such content, it will assist you in extending the lifespan of the content. This will also allow others to know that you are an expert in that regard. This is likely to increase your followership as well.
#4 Reaches new audiences across different formats and channels
Content marketing will also allow you to reach a new set of audience across multiple channels. When you made some of these posts and it is shared across social media platforms, it will boost your audience and increase the readership of your contents. This will also allow those that find your article interesting to share it among their followers.
5.Increases organic SEO
Another factor that you need to consider is that content repurposing will also increase organic SEO for your website. It is also possible that your article will also make sure that your article makes it to the list when it gets more shares and comments. Once your articles have more shares, it will create a social signal. This will drive organic traffic to your website as well.
Also, the key understanding is that one topic can be explored in multiple ways.
In the example shown here, a blog post could be repurposed as:
- An infographic calling out the key statistics
- A motion graphic that animates the narrative within the blog post
- A podcast that discusses the topic in more detail
- A white paper that outlines further research on the topic
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Use SEOPOZ
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you all get updated when we post new articles.