Highlight Of Digital Millennium Copyright Act
In my previous article, I have talked about some of the facts that you need to know about Internet Laws. in this article, I want to throw more light on some of the facts that you need to know about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Follow me as we are going to look at that together in this article.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) of 1998 was signed into law by President Bill Clinton of the United State Of America. There was the European Union Copyright Directive which addresses the same issues as the DMCA. According to this Act, any infringement on copyright material is a criminal offence.
- Circumventing any anti-privacy measures built into commercial software is a crime.
- The Act bans the production, sales or distribution of code-cracking tools to illegally occupy software.
- It permits the cracking of copyright protected software to perform encryption research and test computer security systems.
- Nonprofit libraries, educational institutions among others are exempted from the act under certain circumstances.
- ISPs are exempted for simply transmitting information over the internet.
- ISPs are, however, required to remove the copyright-infringing materials from user websites.
- Webcasters are required to pay licencing fees to the recording companies.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you will get updated when we post new articles.