How To Match Content Platform To Your Audience
Tailoring your content and platform usage to your audience will prevent wastage and make for a more efficient content strategy. In this article, I want to talk about some of the facts that you need to about how to match a content platform to your audience. Follow me as we will look at that together in this article.
Key considerations here are:
- Content Need: will your content add value to your intended target, is it relevant to the persona and is it constructed in a way that resonates with them and enhances your reputation with them?
- Audience Ecosystem: is the intended platform for publishing somewhere your target audience inhabit? Your research phase will let you know.
- Your Proposition and Format: is your content suitable for the intended publishing platform by format and tone? Is it clear what you want your audience to do as a result of seeing your content?
First, let’s consider the platforms. This table shows the different forms of content and what works best on each individual channel. As you can see, Facebook and Twitter support the widest arrange of content types. Making sure you’re using the right content per channel for your audiences is crucial in utilizing the platform to its maximum. However, it is also important to note that platforms like LinkedIn and Snapchat have their own benefits and niche audiences in contrast to the mass audience platforms of the big three (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube).
Content seeding is a strategic approach to scatter content across the Internet. Content can be spread across multiple online and digital platforms.
The benefits of content seeding include:
- Reach: allows your content to reach a much wider audience with your message
- Relevancy: by leveraging third parties you can ensure your content is seen by the right audiences and get your message to the right targets
- Increase: SEO ranking and web traffic back to your channels and site
- Build: understanding, awareness and thought leadership within your industry
- Improves: your SEO overall for brand mentions
- Generate: leads and conversions
The following are some of the challenges to consider when content seeding:
- Reach: social platforms now leverage reach for paid promotion so the organic space is not a successful area for any brand utilizing content marketing. Be realistic about investing in content seeding to garner reach for your campaigns.
- Relevancy: achieving great reach can also mean wastage in the relevancy of your messaging. Utilizing clever targeting can help overcome this.
- Transparency: making sure all paid placements are transparently declared as paid-for content to not mislead audiences.
- Content: it can be a challenge to create high quality enough content with a consistent brand message in new and innovative ways to merit seeding and investing in paid social formats.
- Measurement: this can be a challenging area considering businesses often have many forms of marketing ongoing at once. Make sure you set up appropriate protocols for measuring a direct return on investment in advance of campaigns going live e.g. focus groups before and after to ascertain brand recall/awareness.
- Budget/Resource: remember content seeding is doing a job for your business and generating leads and sales. Appropriate allocation of budget and resources must match your objectives. Many businesses can struggle with limited personnel allocation.
- Tight Collaboration: make sure your organization doesn’t operate in silos and that your content seeding efforts are helping all areas of your business. For example, your sales team may need to leverage content seeding on your business channels in order to close a deal with a prospective buyer as an extra within a package.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Use SEOPOZ
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you all get updates when we post new articles.