Print Out Your Improved NIN Slip
The National Identity Number is a means of identifying every individual in Nigeria. Before now, you can only print out the paper copy of your NIN but now Nigerians can now have there NIN cards in plastic form. You can print out and even laminate your Improved NIN Slip in plastic now and keep it as a handy physical means of identification that fits easily into your pocket, purse or wallet.
The QR code on the Slip makes it easy for it’s authenticity to be verified by other people scanning it using the NIMC MWS Mobile ID app on there phones.
Improved NIN Slip shadow
The Improved NIN Slip with a QR code which can be printed out
Take care not to leave copies (photocopy, image scans, and so on) of your Improved NIN Slips with anyone else otherwise you leave them with copies of your NIN and verification QR code as well.
Downloading and Printing the Slip
First, make sure you have already enrolled and obtained your National Identification Number (NIN). You’ll need your NIN also when installing NIMC’s MWS Mobile ID app.
Go to the https://myportal.nimc.go.ng online portal.
If you have not already, download and install the NIMC MWS Mobile ID app on your mobile device. Learn more at https://nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-id/
Access NIMC’s MWS Mobile ID app on your mobile device. Make sure your device is connected to the Internet.
On the app’s home screen tap on the “I Need A Pin” button.
Take note of the “UserID” and “One Time PIN (OTP)” now displayed on the app’s “Get OTP” section.
Use the UserID and OTP to log into the myportal.nimc.gov.ng portal.
Go to the “Print Improved NIN Slip” section on the portal’s homepage. Make the relevant payment than download the front and rear parts of your Slip as a PDF document.
You can now print out the PDF document, cut it to the right size, fold it and laminate your Improved NIN Slip if you like.
Download and Install the NIMC MWS Mobile ID App
- First, make sure any previous (Beta) version of the NIMC MWS Mobile App has been uninstalled from your mobile device.
- Get the app from https://nimcmobile.app >>
- DO NOT download the app from dubious websites and social media accounts that may be sharing malicious or corrupt app files.
- To print your NIN slip with the QR code and view your mobile app usage records got to https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng >>
- Get your UserID from the Mobile ID app and a one-minute OTP from the “I Need a PIN” button on the app as well – the UserID and OTP are the credentials you use for logging into https://myportal.nimc.gov.ng
- Check all your apps to see if the Mobile ID app was actually installed, first, if you encounter difficulties like an error message during installation.
- In some cases, if you encounter an error, try again.
- If, after installation, you encounter a “No Internet connection available” or “Network request failed” error in some sections of the app or are unable to scan and verify an ID QR code:
– check and make sure your device is actually connected to the Internet
– tap on the middle “Tools” icon at the bottom of the app screen, tap on the “Settings” button, than tap on the “Wipe Mobile ID Data” option to enable you re-enter your ID details and reconnect your app
– you might try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
- For enquires or support contact email@example.com
Print the Improved NIN Slip
After installing the Mobile ID app, you can also download and print out your Improved NIN Slip.
Learn more on how to print your Improved NIN Slip >>
Updated – App version 2.4.0
- The UserID appearing on the Mobile ID app is used to represent you during verifications to protect your NIN.
- The QR codes appearing on your NIN slip as well as on your app DO NOT contain your biometric data.
- On the app, use the “Show My ID” button to display your virtual card and verification QR code – tap on the card to flip it so you can see the back.
- Tap on either the “Basic ID” or “Full ID” button underneath your virtual card on the app to control how much of your details are displayed.
- Tapping on the “refresh” button in the “Show My ID” section of the app updates your information by connecting securely to NIMC for your most recent viewable data (maybe you modified your name or address at a NIMC office) – make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Use the QR code in the “Show My ID” section when someone wishes to scan and verify your identity.
- To scan someone else’s verification QR code on there mobile app or NIN slip, tap on the “Scan an ID” button on your app.
- To get an OTP number to use when logging into the online portal for printing out your NIN slip, tap on the “I Need a PIN” button on your app.
- When you finish using the Mobile ID app, tap on the “Lock” icon on the bottom right side of the screen to lock the app.
Global Trend towards Mobile ID
Around the world, countries are gradually shifting towards a more effective means of offering identity services via mobile devices. Here are a few examples:
- Estonia’s Mobile ID service >>
- the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators’ mobile Driver’s License (YouTube video) >>
- China’s WeChat virtual ID card smartphone app >>
- South Korea’s planned Mobile ID card >> and Driver’s License (YouTube video) >>
- Kuwait’s Mobile ID app >>
- the European Union’s planned Digital ID app >>
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
|CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
Joint Our Whatsapp Group Here
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back