Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act is relevant to the online collection of personal information from children below the age of 13.
This Act dictates:
- When and how the verifiable consent can be requested from the parents.
- The responsibility of the website owner in protecting the children’s online safety and privacy.
It noted that every operator of a website or online service who collects the personal information of children knowingly must comply with this very Act.
The policy to be set by a website owner should include:
- The name and contact information of all the operators collecting and maintaining personal information
- The kind of personal information that will be collected.
- How the operator intends to use personal information
- Whether the operator will release the personal information to third parties.
- If the parent consent is required to release the information to third parties
- The procedure that the parent should follow to control children’s personal information
According to the Act, the operator should:
- Notify the parent that he or she intends to collect the child’s personal information.
- Ask for the parent’s consent before releasing the information to the third parties
- inform the parent about the internal use of personal information
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you will get updated when we post new articles.