Physical Security Measures For Devices
When it comes to the security of devices, there is no length that you cannot go to in order to secure the security of your devices. In this article, I want to look at some of the physical security measures that you must consider when it comes to the security of your devices. Follow me as we are going to look at some of the measures that must be taken when it comes to the security of devices. Follow me as we are going to look at this together in this article.
When it comes to layers of computer security, physical security happens to be the first layer of computer security. This involves the protection of hardware such as hardware, networks, and data from attacks that can cause loss or damages.
Also, there are various factors that can affect the physical security of devices such as damage, theft, dust, fire, water, flood, earthquake among others.
There are some facts that you need to know about Physical security. This includes the fact that:
- Prevent any unauthorised access to computer systems.
- Prevent tampering/stealing of data from computer systems.
- Protect the integrity of data stored in a computer system.
- Prevent the loss of data and damages to systems and against any natural calamities.
Using locks for physical security measures…
Locks acts as the primary method of controlling the physical access of the information, information systems, and removable storage devices.
Locks provide a different level of security depending on their design and implementation. Locks are always used to:
- Restrict others from using a computer room.
- Protect the computer from unauthorised access by locking the doors and Windows on the computer premises.
- It also locks the CPU and Monitor in order to prevent them from being stolen.
Another security measure that you can also use for the physical security of the device is the use of biometrics. When it comes to the use of biometrics, it involves the use of:
- Retinal scanning
- Iris scanning
- Vein structure recognition
- Face recognition
- Voice recognition
There are some physical security measures that you can take to prevent fire outbreak. Some of these measures include:
- Make sure all emergency doors are kept clear
- Use good quality wiring, tools and equipment
- Avoid using equipment that gives a mild electrical shock
- Keep the room dust-free and remove all scrap as possible
- Ensure trash is emptied regularly
- At the end of the day, always unplug the appliances
- Make sure the user knows who to call in an emergency
- How how to use a fire extinguisher
HVAC ( Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning) is the technology developed for indoor environmental comfort.
HVAC can be used for:
- Controlling the temperature.
- Adequate ventilation
- Indoor air quality
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Use SEOPOZ
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you all get updated when we post new articles.