Risks Involved In Social Media Websites
In my previous article, I have discussed some of the risks associated with surfing the website, most especially when it has to do with children watching pornography online. In this article, I want to look at some of the risks involved in social media websites. Follow me as we are going to look at that together in this article.
Here are some of the risks…
#1 Unhindered access
When you are on social media sites and you are sharing your video and other personal information on social media. You have to note that it is possible for someone to copy your pictures and other contents that you are sharing on social media without your content. Some of these contents can be used to commit a crime without your consent.
#2 Risky for children
Let me first state it here that this is not common to children alone, there are times that even adults talks too much on social media. If some people buy new cars or win new contracts, they will be so restless until they share such information on social media. This is a very bad habit, This is also common among children who can provide information to hackers unknowingly when they share too much information on social media.
#3 Online Predators
When you are on social media platforms, it is very easy for online predators to steal your personal information, They can now use this means to send you unsolicited emails. Some of the personal information that can be stolen include email, telephone number, residential address, hobbies, interest and more from their profile. Online predators may use the information stolen from you for cyberbullying, identity theft, or cyber exploitation among others.
Now some of the risks…
#1 Unsolicited emails
- Online predators may use email techniques to steal information from children.
- They may send spam emails that contain pornographic materials or link to pornographic websites.
- The child may even be asked to register on that website by providing personal information.
#2 Chat rooms
- Online predators may use chat rooms to build contact with children and then lead them to cyber prostitution.
- Online predators may use social engineering techniques to get personal information from children and adult in a chat room.
- They may also send a malicious link to children, which may result in computers getting infected in malware.
- They may also use chats to send link to websites with inappropriate content, such as pornography contents.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
Download Our Blog App On Google Playstore.
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Use SEOPOZ
GET SEOPOZ. OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Have a deeper understanding of Google Search Console. Join SEOPOZ for free.
Join Our Whatsapp Group Here
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you all get updates when we post new articles.