RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 11 April 2021 – Lesson 32
TOPIC: Sexual Intimacy In Marriage (Part 1)
MEMORY VERSE: “A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me; he shall lie all night betwixt my breasts.” – Songs of Solomon 1:13
BIBLE PASSAGE: Proverbs 5:15-20 KJV (RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 11 April 2021)
ro 5:15 You should be faithful to your wife, just as you take water from your own well.
Pro 5:16 And don’t be like a stream from which just any woman may take a drink.
Pro 5:17 Save yourself for your wife and don’t have sex with other women.
Pro 5:18 Be happy with the wife you married when you were young.
Pro 5:19 She is beautiful and graceful, just like a deer; you should be attracted to her and stay deeply in love.
Pro 5:20 Don’t go crazy over a woman who is unfaithful to her own husband!
Sexual intimacy means that a married couple (man and woman) share a special bond characterized by a shared sensual expression. They understand each other on a sexual level that has emotion behind it, instead of just being a physical act. Sexual intimacy generates pleasure and natural satisfaction. It is an obligatory act in marriage. It is a complex expression of love and a desire to communicate such love non-verbally. It gives the husband and wife a chance to express all the good feelings and thoughts they have towards each other.
- Some Facts About Sexual Intimacy In Marriage
- Benefits Of Sexual Intimacy In Marriage
1. SOME FACTS ABOUT SEXUAL INTIMACY IN MARRIAGE
Sexual intimacy in marriage is neither dirty nor sinful (1 Corinthians 7:2-5). It is God-ordained primarily for mutual pleasure (Genesis 2:24-25) and secondarily for procreation (Genesis 1:28). It is only in the context of a legitimate marriage that sexual intimacy is approved by God (Genesis 4:1).
Satisfactory sexual intimacy provides the forum in which a deep relationship is developed, not only physically but also psychologically and emotionally (Proverbs 5:15-20). It is a common pathway that provides an opportunity for care, demonstration of love, and the reciprocity of such (SOS. 4:1-7). It should be a lifelong relationship for married couples (Matthew 19:4-6). If approached correctly and are well aroused, both husband and wife can reach the level of sexual pleasure or excitement called orgasm (SOS. 1:2; 7:3, Proverbs 5:19). Sex should not be withheld or demanded. If one spouse does not want to have sex the other spouse should agree to abstain.
If one spouse wants to have sex the other spouse should agree. It is all a matter of compromise to achieve intimacy (1 Corinthians 7:4). Sex in marriage should not just be used for gratification or as a weapon of revenge. God designed the body to respond pleasurably to touch in certain areas. He could have made us with no desire for sexual intimacy and no gratifying sensations during sexual intimacy, but He did not (James 1:17).
2. BENEFITS OF SEXUAL INTIMACY IN MARRIAGE
There are several benefits of sexual intimacy. These benefits are stated in the table below as it affects the man, his wife and the couple mutually. However, these are not medical advice but for educational purposes.
- Reduces the risk of developing prostate cancer
- Reduces waste and scrotal pain
- Increases sperm counts
- Improves cardiovascular health
- Increases immunity and body fitness
- Increases level of testosterone
- Promotes long life
- Improves bladder control
- Relieves menstrual and premenstrual cramps
- Improves fertility
- Builds stronger pelvic muscles
- Helps produce more vagina lubrications
- Potentially protects against endometriosis (the growth of tissue outside uterus)
- Improves the production of the hormone oestrogen which protects against heart disease and also determines a woman’s body scent
- Regulates blood pleasure
- Burns calories
- Strengthens muscles
- Reduce the risk of heart diseases, stroke, and hypertension
- Increases libido and reduces inordinate affection
- Promotes better sleep and headache relief
- Emotionally boost confidence, increases happiness, level of trust, intimacy, and love
- Improves ability to perceive, identify and express emotions
- Reduces stress and makes couples look younger and live longer
- Helps create a bond between the husband and his wife.
Sex in marriage is pleasurable and it creates intimacy between a man and his wife.
i. What are some basic facts of sexual intimacy known to you?
ii. What do couples gain in being sexually intimate?
ASSIGNMENT: Mention five troubles/problems which sexual intimacy prevents the spouse from encountering.
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
Download Our App.
Follow Us On Telegram
CEHNigeria On Google Playstore
GET SEOPOZ . OUTSMART YOUR BLOG COMPETITORS
Join Our Whatsapp Group
Follow Us On Twitter and I will Follow Back
Follow Us On Twitter
Kindly follow me on Twitter and I promise I will follow back. Aside you will get updated when we post new articles.