The Customer As The Centre Of The Business Universe
Many customer relationship management definitions focus on the importance of knowing your customer and acting on that knowledge. Putting this principle into practice of where the complexities lies. In this article, I want to look at some of the face that you need to know about customer as the centre of the business universe.
The following principle illustrates the type of dynamic CRM environment that thought leading companies are expected to provide.
This story introduces you to two banking customers and his parents , and walks you through the ” trip to the bank” with each one of them.
As you are going to look at some of the things am going to look through this , we need to mind the following questions:
- Is one of these customers more profitable than the other.
- Do these two customers have different requirements when it comes to product or package features and services.
- Do these two customers have different expectations for how , where , and when they interact with their service provider.
- Will either go to a competitor or current provider is unable or unwilling to satisfy these diverse requirements .
The first customer is Samson , a busy youth and corporate executive with fairly typical banking requirements for him in this circumstance. Samson has his paycheck automatically added to his savings account . He rarely writes cheques because of many of his standard monthly payments automatically deducted from his many savings account, and those that cannot be paid by standing order , he pays over the internet.
He doesn’t receive paper account statements or cancelled cheques, preferring instead to track the activity in his accounts online as his busy schedule permits.
His package of products and provide him with no minimum balance requirements on his demand deposit accounts, no ATM fees, and a low interest rate on his credit card.
His package also charges a standard fee for late credit card payments and includes fees for cheques and for service interactions that require personal contact , such as calls involving a service centre representative.
Now your take on this article…
I know you might agree with some of the points that I have raised in this article. You might not agree with some of the issues raised. Let me know your views about the topic discussed. We will appreciate it if you can drop your comment. Thanks in anticipation.
A well managed banking interaction that satisfies Samson and profits the bank would go like these:
- Samson lots into the bank website from his hotel room one evening after taking a group of clients out to dinner. In addition to the menu of available banking options, he sees a travel icon advertising discounted rates at several popular western ski destinations.
He clicks on the icon and is taken to the site of a travel service associated with his bank credit card. Samson has enough interest n the subject that he requests electronic brochures from the travel service.
- Samson’s encounter with the travel service is no accident . The bank understands that Samson as a high interest in active variations because an analysis of his credit card usage has identified a consistent pattern of use at various resort, hotels and various ski facilities.
Samson and others like him are considered to be likely candidates to take advantage of the new travel service and , as a result, they receive personalised notifications when they log onto the website.
- After the short detour to the travel site, Samson checks the balance in his travel- expense savings account , transfers funds from savings to current account and pays his corporate credit card bill from this savings account.
- Before logging off the computer, Samson checks his personal email and finds an “info email” from his financial advisor recommends two stocks that fits the investment preference profile by Samson , and the info mail contains links to the appropriate web pages for each company. Samson makes a note to research these companies when he has the available time.
Become Part Of our Fan Base on Facebook. Click Here.
Follow Us on twitter. Click Here.
Download Our App. Click Here
Many Crypto. One place. Use Roqqu